Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: British Fencing Shop???

Quote Originally Posted by Not quite a Vet View Post
    Maybe the stuff we ordered will arrive late October rather than September...
    I called yesterday before placing an order (phone answered immediately and very helpful), certainly for Cadet and Juniors all kit had just arrived and was going off to get embroidered/ printed. Sounds like the delay was waiting for stock to arrive.

Ordered a bit of GB Cadet Squad kit along with some other kit on Sunday. At the same time, sent an email query re sizing (as it doesn't seem very consistent at all across the kit and ranges). Didn't get a reply at all on the sizing query (and have had no information that any kit has been dispatched) but late yesterday evening got this email :

"Dear Customer

We would like to sincerely apologise for the mistake that has been made with regards the embroidery of ‘GB Junior Squad’ on cadet squad garments, this was an error on our part (British Fencing Shop) and we are very sorry for the inconvenience caused.

We are currently in discussions with British Fencing to decide how to best resolve this issue and will be contacting all affected fencers and parents within the next week with a solution.

In the interim we have confirmed with British Fencing that all fencers who are due to travel on International trips are free to and encouraged to use the kit on these trips.

Our Sincere Apologies

BF Shop Team"

Unsurprisingly, I emailed asking for clarification/information, not least in terms of timescales for sending out correct kit, and asked for a response today so that I could have the opportunity (following that information) to decide whether to cancel the GB kit order as it clearly doesn't correspond to the order. I haven't even had the courtesy of a holding response. Am really not impressed so far. Maybe posting this will trigger a response.

I ordered cadet kit over a month ago. Only ordered after questioning the sizing too.
    Received the same email as above last night. I replied asking when kit might arrive and received an email today telling me it should be delivered tomorrow. Will have to wait till Monday to see if it fits offspring as she leaves for London tomorrow morning!
    2 international competitions done without GB kit!!

The Senior Jacket is yet to be confirmed, so didn't bother ordering it at the moment. But did order a couple of Senior T-shirts, no embroidered extras were put on the order, order placed on September 12th.
    No updates, knew from posts from here not to expect the dispatch till late September. Still nada.

Seems very worrying concerning the Cadet embroidery mistakes, used a local firm when I dealt with club kit years ago, quick turn around, never any errors with kids names etc.

So, offspring left this morning. Tracksuit just arrived!
    It is marked up as Junior rather than Cadet and much darker blue than the website shows!!!
    Will see if it fits after the weekend.

Now been over two months waiting for a non-embroidered seniors t-shirt.
    No information from company explaining the inexcusable timescale.
    No reply to questions sent through their own contact system.
    Not a very good start, and still don't know if we get the free socks.
    Also about to hit 3rd Senior WC's and still waiting for the jacket to be confirmed.

I'm not doing too bad in terms of free stuff.

So far a hat, some socks and hopefully soon a T-shirt

Just waiting on a replacement for a sweatshirt that I ordered the wrong size for.

I was confused by the example sizing values and specifically sleeve length to shoulder. On the sweatshirts there isn't really a shoulder seam and so the example measurement goes from the cuff all the way up to the neck. I was comparing this to an England Fruit of the Loom hoodie and this does have a shoulder seam so it goes from cuff to shoulder which is a couple of inches less. Beware of this if you're measuring up.

So I initially ordered XSSS, modified my order to an XSS, got an XXXS and have sent it back for an S.

No complaints about customer service though, they are helpful.

No reply to questions sent through their own contact system.
    I suspect that it doesn’t work – they said they hadn’t received my queries through it after I emailed to chase. I find it takes one or two chasing emails before I get a response.
    Be careful with boys GB tracksuit top sizes. I queried the sizing as size ”S” of these seemed to equate to size “M” of the other stuff. I was assured it would be fine for the height and build of my son. But similar others have found “M” on the small side. Have asked for an “M” but will see what we get. It’s all very well exchanging stuff if it doesn’t fit, but why not get the sizing clear and accurate in the first place to avoid hassle and more delay for customers? Ordered on 23rd October and still haven’t got a delivery date (despite asking). Also haven’t yet been refunded the delivery charges which I shouldn’t have been charged for.
    I sure our local club kit suppliers would have been much more efficient – and accurate – not to mention cheaper……..

Default Shop?

British Fencing Shop? The word shop would give one the impression that a purchasing transaction and receiving of goods would be possible. But No.
    It's been that long I'll start back at the beginning, it was the start of a new Season, hope was in the air...
    Nah I won't bother, Order and Payment taken back on the 12th of September 2016.
    A fair amount of time elapsed, information on website advised orders would be sent out around late September.
    Tried using the British Fencing Shops own Email system to enquire on the two separate orders put in by myself and partner, a Senior T-Shirt each to cheekily take advantage of then obtaining two pair of free GB Socks. Through this thread found out this system was probably not working or at least being ignored.
    So more time passed and eventually partner phoned before Christmas, she received an apology over timescales and another concerning lack of communications. We were told that an Email should have been sent to us but this was not the case, we were then advised we'd be compensated with two free T-Shirts and the actual orders would follow soon after.
    The two free training T-Shirts arrived, much appreciated, daughter uses them at Club, thank you. Now did the order arrive, No.
    We gave it time over Christmas and slightly after, we then actually forgot about it as it's been so long.
    So now up to date, partner phoned the British Fencing Shop around three weeks ago, again was given apologies, and advised the orders would arrive by the Friday if not just after.
    Did they? Nope.
    So again another phone call, again more apologies, again same advice and timescales given.
    Did they arrive on Friday? No. Did they arrive over the weekend? No. Have they taken a little longer and arrived this week? Yup you've guessed it, No they bloomin' well have Not.
    6 months to fulfill a simple order of two Senior T-Shirts, no initials added. Come on guys! Get it Right!
    Not happy with Shop or Service provided.
    Not happy that there is still no Senior Top available half way through the season, but I am aware this is more to do with BF than the Shop.
    Don't worry British Fencing Shop we'll call again today, and give you one more chance to fulfill your order, then I'm afraid it will be £26:99 x 2 refunds I'll be looking for.

We're in exactly the same position, most of our order came promptly and we received our free T-shirts but are still waiting for the ordered T-shirt, free towel and the promised refund. Maybe we should ask if anyone has actually received the T-shirts they ordered?

Daughter did at least have the majority of her kit in time for Cadet Circuit and I think everyone got their free T-shirts which for Epeeists arrived in time for the last EFC event.

On a positive note the kit we have washes and fits well and for Cadets helps to pull them together as a squad especially as they all travel separately.

These posts have caused me to relive the trauma of my dealings with them.

As I said earlier in the thread, I ordered on 23rd October. Got a refund of the delivery I shouldn't have been charged for eventually. AASE kit arrived on 14th December (just in the nick of time for the training - lots of others didn't get theirs) but it didn't have initials, as ordered. We also got one (not two as others did!) free training t-shirt just before Christmas. On 18th January we got the jacket with name embroidered - so son "only" missed having it for 3 internationals after ordering........I got a refund for the t-shirt on 1st February, minus the cost of the name embroidery, which I was refunded about a fortnight later. We then got a second set of AASE kit, with initials, on 15th February. One of my son's clubmates still only had half a set of AASE kit by then (and may still not have the rest of it).

So, as well as the jacket and AASE kit as ordered, we have one free training t-shirt and a second set of AASE kit, plus a refund for the t-shirt (which I have no hopes of seeing).

However, this took dozens and dozens of chasing emails, with various promises of delivery etc, almost all of which didn't occur when promised. Plus a considerable number to the very helpful Kim at BF, who generally seemed able to make something happen at the British Fencing Shop.

I do wonder how much revenue/profit sharing BF has missed out on because of the sheer hopelessness of the Shop.......

Do not get me started about this!!!! Oh, okay then!
    First, the sizing made no sense at all. But a few emails and hope that a 50 inch waist would not fall down!!!
    Eventually the order was sent on September 22nd. Hoping that kit would arrive in time for the start of the Cadet international trips. Did anything arrive on time? No. Eventually the tracksuit arrived but 2 internationals later.
    Yes we now have the free tee shirt but not the personalised one that was ordered. Also, the tracksuit top is almost too s already. Not great value for money.
    Personally, I would like a full refund and the ability to buy kit elsewhere.

The third phone call was made by partner, again she has received the repeated advice, the T-Shirts are here and being printed.
    Still No Jacket for Seniors decided.

It's not great is it!

My daughter has a Club jacket from EFC the quality and design is good and it's lasted many years now. She also has an Edinburgh Uni jacket, embroidered design and quality there is fabulous. So there is no excuses.

It's all a bit of a monopoly when it comes to kit & Sport80. Not a great fan I'm afraid.

Forum Rabbit

Let me start this post by saying sorry, as the MD of Tempest (who runs BF Shop) I am genuinely sorry that we have let quite a number of customers down as badly as we did. With the benefit of hindsight its clear that when we launched the shop at the start of the season we made a number of mistakes that shouldn’t have been allowed to happen, those mistakes largely (but not entirely) revolved around the supply of the GBR kit, both with the embroideries, and most specifically around the supply of the GB T-shirts.

Like most companies in our business we operate with a fairly sizeable supply chain using suppliers from around the world and in the UK to be able to offer the mix of products that we do, these are generally speaking with long standing suppliers of ours with whom we for the most part know their strengths and weaknesses. With the GB kit, because we were not able to source suitable kit from the UK (in terms of colours/quality/time frame or price) we chose to manufacture it ourselves. The t-shirts were to be made by a separate factory to the one who produced the tracksuits/hoodies/jackets etc, and despite trading with them for over a decade they simply did not deliver on any of their promised dates. Had we realised this would be the case earlier we would have switched the suppliers and the t-shirt design far earlier than we did, the fact that we didn’t act sooner on this or communicate better is something I am deeply sorry about and take full responsibility for, we simply shouldn’t have placed our customers in a position where failures in our supply chain could be allowed to affect deliveries the way they did and especially for as long as they did . I am not using the supply chain as an excuse, the responsibility to supply to customers is ours not our suppliers and the consequences of supply chain failures likewise fall on us, I just wanted to explain why we made the mistakes that we did.
    Yes we did send out all whole bunch of free items (including t-shirts) to customers, but I fully understand that what you would much rather have had was the right kit delivered on time. The final replacement t-shirts will all be out on Monday to you for delivery on Tuesday, they are in the office and having the final bits of personalisation added.

I know that it will take far more than the above to win back the trust of those who were affected, actions speak far louder than words. We’ve made and are continuing to make a significant number of changes to how we will operate the shop now and in the future, we’ve added 2 more staff in-house to better deal with the flow of orders, will shortly be integrating the day to day operation of the shop far more closely with BF itself ensuring faster communications and a better more integrated service, the embroidery and personalisation process we use have been changed (and In one case been totally replaced) and been brought even further in-house to both speed up the completion of orders and make absolutely sure that the kind of errors that were made at the launch of the shop will never be made again. Finally we will never again put out customers (or ourselves) in a position where we take orders based on an assumed supply date from suppliers (unless specifically asked to do so by the customer e.g. for bespoke club socks), if an item is in-house and in our warehouse (or at worst in a suppliers warehouse in the UK) we will make it available through the shop, if it is not in yet we simply won’t make It available until it is.

I can only apologise for the errors that we made, we will do much much better.

Alp

For anybody who wants to talk to me directly about this please just drop us an email, or I will be at the BYC’s where I will be happy to answer any questions you might have.

Good to hear steps and sometimes complete restructuring is taking place to ensure customer satisfaction in the future.
    Hope everything now continues smoothly.

Could we possibly get the BF Shop to pin BF down and get a confirmed Senior Top Design sometime soon?

Forum Rabbit

Good to hear steps and sometimes complete restructuring is taking place to ensure customer satisfaction in the future.
    Hope everything now continues smoothly.

Could we possibly get the BF Shop to pin BF down and get a confirmed Senior Top Design sometime soon?
    Its been worked on and we should have it resolved very soon, but can I ask for some general feedback here, what apart from clearly faster and better service do people view as being the most important factors for future GB Kit? Specifically based on the below criteria which order would you put the 4 options below in?

1) Colours - is navy/red/white an important factor or would you be equally comfortable with say navy/white or navy/red? Navy/red/white is not a common option in the stock sportswear market very very few brands hold stock of this colour combination, hence in part our decision to manufacture it, Navy/white for example is rather more common.

2) Price - There are options, some a little cheaper than we have at the moment (but generally with worse quality), some like Adidas or Nike are great quality but far more expensive e.g. tracksuits at £90-£100

3) Branding - Would you pay a premium of 20-30% for a big name such as Nike or Adidas?

4) Continuity - One of the other reasons we chose to manufacture the garments was to control the designs and ensure that we didn't need to change the designs in the event the brand chosen decided to redesign their kit from year to year (very common for many brands). How important is that continuity?

I personally wouldn't mind an increase in price for branded kit, especially when it gives a quality product one associates with either Adidas or Nike.
    I also don't mind all three colours not being represented in the one garment but as long as all three appeared through wearing the jacket and trousers for example.
    Continuity wise I think slight changes are fine, as long as the BF branding was of a high quality, and instantly recognisable on the clothing and stayed the same from season to season.

Much as I understand the issues that are being spoken about regarding supply chain etc it does not excuse the lack of communication. Nor is it an excuse for sizing being incorrect.
    Much as my offspring loves the tracksuit top, it is too small but the size should have been correct given the information available.

Forum Rabbit

Quote Originally Posted by BF Shop View Post
    Its been worked on and we should have it resolved very soon, but can I ask for some general feedback here, what apart from clearly faster and better service do people view as being the most important factors for future GB Kit? Specifically based on the below criteria which order would you put the 4 options below in?

1) Colours - is navy/red/white an important factor or would you be equally comfortable with say navy/white or navy/red? Navy/red/white is not a common option in the stock sportswear market very very few brands hold stock of this colour combination, hence in part our decision to manufacture it, Navy/white for example is rather more common.

2) Price - There are options, some a little cheaper than we have at the moment (but generally with worse quality), some like Adidas or Nike are great quality but far more expensive e.g. tracksuits at £90-£100

3) Branding - Would you pay a premium of 20-30% for a big name such as Nike or Adidas?

4) Continuity - One of the other reasons we chose to manufacture the garments was to control the designs and ensure that we didn't need to change the designs in the event the brand chosen decided to redesign their kit from year to year (very common for many brands). How important is that continuity?
    Branded kit only. Good quality branded kit.

Having spent years pushing the message to my children that branding is for suckers, the key thing is quality not marketing. Our local club got super quality hoodies and tshirts from a local supplier at a great price and with no delays. That's what's important.