+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Milner-Barry Cup

Initiate lorca is on a distinguished road lorca's Avatar

Default Milner-Barry Cup

anyone know anything about this?
    "Women's LONDON INTERNATIONAL - INDIVIDUAL OPEN EPEE - 2004"

it's listed here
    http://freespace.virgin.net/peter.hf...mpetitions.htm

A wild and crazy man Rdb811 has much to be proud ofRdb811 has much to be proud ofRdb811 has much to be proud ofRdb811 has much to be proud ofRdb811 has much to be proud ofRdb811 has much to be proud ofRdb811 has much to be proud ofRdb811 has much to be proud ofRdb811 has much to be proud of Rdb811's Avatar

It's the women's event to go with the Miller Hallet (It's NOT an International)- it started off last year as a fairly small event (40 entries, very low NIF count) - it should get bigger = nice event - there is a men's team event on th same day.

Initiate lorca is on a distinguished road lorca's Avatar

thanks!
    anyone going?

Senior Member DrT is on a distinguished road DrT's Avatar

I think I might be doing the men's for a crawley team...
    Think, before someone does it for you!

Senior Member PM1 has much to be proud ofPM1 has much to be proud ofPM1 has much to be proud ofPM1 has much to be proud ofPM1 has much to be proud ofPM1 has much to be proud ofPM1 has much to be proud ofPM1 has much to be proud ofPM1 has much to be proud of PM1's Avatar

It's international in that other countries attend, and the comp(s) may well become part of the Coup de Nord next year.....

Men's individual and this year, ladies team on the Saturday, with men's team and the ladies Milner Barry on the Sunday.

Good nosh and coffee etc provided.........

Contact Pete if interested.
    Oh, what a tangled web we weave when first we practice to deceive....

Maggie Lloyd-Jones

Default Milner-Barry Trophy

Hi,

A few corrections to Rdb811's somewhat pessimistic description of the competition:-

- The competition started in 2002, not last year, and the number of entries grew significantly in 2003

- I would love to be in a position of thinking that a NIF of 40 was a "very low nif count" but I think most people would agree it's fairly respectable - and as for "a fairly small competition" - last year was won by (I believe) an ex world champion who had to beat a qualifier for this year's Olympics to do it! At the other end there were plenty of novice fencers enjoying both the fencing and the chance to see some high standard fencing (and no, I don't mean in the men's team competition!)

I thought this was a good, well run, high standard competition with entries from fencers of all abilities, and it deserves to grow even more this year!

Hope this helps anyone thinking of going along!

Wilbur

A wild and crazy man Rdb811 has much to be proud ofRdb811 has much to be proud ofRdb811 has much to be proud ofRdb811 has much to be proud ofRdb811 has much to be proud ofRdb811 has much to be proud ofRdb811 has much to be proud ofRdb811 has much to be proud ofRdb811 has much to be proud of Rdb811's Avatar

Default Re: Milner-Barry Trophy

Originally posted by wilbur

I thought this was a good, well run, high standard competition with entries from fencers of all abilities, and it deserves to grow even more this year!
    Hear, hear. I will be there,hopefully with the Streatham horde.

Mavis Thornton pinkelephant has a reputation beyond reputepinkelephant has a reputation beyond reputepinkelephant has a reputation beyond reputepinkelephant has a reputation beyond reputepinkelephant has a reputation beyond reputepinkelephant has a reputation beyond reputepinkelephant has a reputation beyond reputepinkelephant has a reputation beyond reputepinkelephant has a reputation beyond reputepinkelephant has a reputation beyond reputepinkelephant has a reputation beyond repute pinkelephant's Avatar

Might be there - might not. Depends on whether the pull of a cricket match and the Sixth Form ball is too strong for the offspring.

Last year's NIF reflected the size of entry, not the quality, which was VERY high.

+ Reply to Thread