Results 1 to 19 of 19

Thread: Aldershot Open - This Coming weekend

  1. #1
    Chris Howser cesh_fencing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    East Northamptonshire - Yarwell
    Posts
    5,280

    Default Aldershot Open - This Coming weekend

    I have been asked to post on behalf of the Aldershot Open which is taking place this weekend.

    The event is Men's Foil, Men's Epee, Women's Foil, Women's Epee

    Details at http://aldershotopen.webs.com/competitiondetails.htm - Entry fee 20.00

    The easiest way to enter is via Sport80 (https://bf.sport80.com/events) until tomorrow and they will take entries on the day as a last resort.

    If you are wishing to enter on the day, you will need to take with you proof of 'Compete' British Fencing membership (print off from Sport80 is fine) and a photo ID.

    Looks like it has a nice entry already for a local Open and should lead to a great day's fencing for those who attend.
    Oundle, Peterborough & Stamford Fencing

  2. #2
    Chris Howser cesh_fencing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    East Northamptonshire - Yarwell
    Posts
    5,280

    Default

    bump
    Oundle, Peterborough & Stamford Fencing

  3. #3
    Chris Howser cesh_fencing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    East Northamptonshire - Yarwell
    Posts
    5,280

    Default

    Event this weekend..
    Oundle, Peterborough & Stamford Fencing

  4. #4

    Default

    Anyone knows if men's epee results are somewhere online already?
    Chichester Community Fencing Club

  5. #5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cesh_fencing View Post
    I have been asked to post on behalf of the Aldershot Open which is taking place this weekend.
    Chris, would you be able to ask them if they could email the epee results over to me? Many thanks.

  6. #6

    Default

    No results on their website yet.

  7. #7

    Default Aldershot open results

    Are the results for the 2018 Aldershot open posted anywhere?

  8. #8

    Default Contact the organisers direct

    It might be worth whoever wants the results and/or wanting check they will be sent to BF within the 7 day (?)time limit, contacting the organisers direct.
    A couple of years ago there was a hiccup with the results not being uploaded or sent properly but the organisers didn't realise that had happened because no-one contacted them to tell them.
    It's possible the organisers don't monitor Fencing Forum or Facebook.
    No, I don't have contact details for the organisers.

  9. #9

    Default

    I emailed the contact I had, but alas, the email bounced

  10. #10
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Surrey
    Posts
    103

    Default

    @ArmyFencing promised beforehand they would be posting the results - alas not.
    https://twitter.com/ArmyFencing/stat...95192861085697

  11. #11
    Senior Member ChrisHeaps's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Lytham
    Posts
    591

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gerrit View Post
    @ArmyFencing promised beforehand they would be posting the results - alas not.
    https://twitter.com/ArmyFencing/stat...95192861085697
    They could tell you but then they'd have to shoot you.

  12. #12
    Senior Member max's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Sheffield
    Posts
    399

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisHeaps View Post
    They could tell you but then they'd have to shoot you.
    This is he British Army you're talking about so I doubt they'd be issued with live rounds until they're in a combat situation.
    A problem shared is one more person to laugh at you.

  13. #13
    Senior Member ChrisHeaps's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Lytham
    Posts
    591

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by max View Post
    This is he British Army you're talking about so I doubt they'd be issued with live rounds until they're in a combat situation.
    They could tell you but then they'd have to shoot you with blanks unless it was combat situation.

  14. #14
    Senior Member Cyranna's Father's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    west sussex
    Posts
    2,002

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by max View Post
    This is he British Army you're talking about so I doubt they'd be issued with live rounds until they're in a combat situation.
    clearly you are unaware of the history here, traditionally the British Army was just about the only one that was issued with live ammunition for practice.
    just a daddy...and chauffeur

  15. #15
    Senior Member ChrisHeaps's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Lytham
    Posts
    591

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cyranna's Father View Post
    clearly you are unaware of the history here, traditionally the British Army was just about the only one that was issued with live ammunition for practice.

    They could tell you but then they'd have to shoot you with blanks unless it were a combat situation or live rounds had previously been issued for the purposes of live firing practise.

  16. #16

    Red face

    They could tell you but then they'd have to give you a hug and tell you how they were feeling about it

  17. #17

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pete Eames View Post
    It might be worth whoever wants the results and/or wanting check they will be sent to BF within the 7 day (?)time limit, contacting the organisers direct.
    A couple of years ago there was a hiccup with the results not being uploaded or sent properly but the organisers didn't realise that had happened because no-one contacted them to tell them.
    It's possible the organisers don't monitor Fencing Forum or Facebook.
    No, I don't have contact details for the organisers.
    Is there really a 7 day limit? What happens if that p[asses.

  18. #18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Ramsden View Post
    Is there really a 7 day limit? What happens if that p[asses.
    http://www.britishfencing.com/upload...me_2015-16.pdf - can't find a newer version????

    Organisers must provide British Fencing with a complete set of results from first to last place as soon as practically possible and in any event no later than 5 days after the final. Results submitted after 5 days and up to 30 days will be included subject to the penalty ....

    Failure to provide complete and accurate data within 5 days.
    Reduction in Grading Multiplier

    Failure to provide complete and accurate data within 30 days.
    Exclusion.

  19. #19

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •