Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Senior ranking

Someone messaged me after my post suggesting I look at the Senior WE rankings. There certainly are a good number of foreign fencers in the top 100 who have no BF membership but have a senior ranking position. I thought these fencers were being shown but without a ranked number, because the detail of the ranking scheme states inclusion is for BF members in section 2.1.

I can understand how fencers get into the rankings by becoming BF members and sometimes attend a British Club, but not how our one off visitors secure a year of inclusion into a ranked position by using their FIE or home nation membership to attend just one event - which of course we welcome.

Sorry, but don't understand this. The more we welcome foreign fencers to our competitions the more points they can bring with them from FIE events displacing our own fencers from the British ranking????

Common sense should apply IMO. Fencers with an overseas affiliation but based in GBR should appear in the list 'in place' but without a ranking. Overseas fencers based outside GBR should not appear on the list at all. If there is some loophole in the ranking scheme that needs to be plugged, then lets do it

If Yannick Borel decides to hop on Le Shuttle for the Norfolk Open, Bas might lose his GBR #1 ranking!

Quote Originally Posted by danKew View Post
    If Yannick Borel decides to hop on Le Shuttle for the Norfolk Open, Bas might lose his GBR #1 ranking!
    I heard a rumour that he's doing the Elite in Newcastle instead. Something about Geordie lasses vs Norfolk broads.