Thread: BVF Championships

Default BVF Championships

Surprised that nobody has mentioned that the results are available live - http://stab.orangetentacle.co.uk/res...vf17/index.htm
    If we take in our hand any volume; of divinity or school metaphysics, for instance; let us ask, Does it contain any abstract reasoning concerning quantity or number? No. Does it contain any experimental reasoning concerning matter of fact and existence? No. Commit it then to the flames: for it can contain nothing but sophistry and illusion.

Default BVF Championships

A big thank you to the event organisers. The Manchester Fencing Centre is a model of its kind. The level of service was exceptional, especially the youthful minions who were there to help carry the fencing bags up and down the stairs. Great venue (will be even better when the showers are installed).

A slightly later check in for the foil so it's possible to travel on the morning would be appreciated. Those who drove up from London struggled with the Friday night traffic. Much easier on a Saturday morning.

The BVF committee know that not being able to enter the foil and sabre was a bit of downer (for the foilists who like to wave sabres around, but maybe a relief for the real sabreurs).

Overall a great atmosphere and a lot of fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Francophile View Post
    A big thank you to the event organisers. The Manchester Fencing Centre is a model of its kind. The level of service was exceptional, especially the youthful minions who were there to help carry the fencing bags up and down the stairs. Great venue (will be even better when the showers are installed).
    Thank you! I will pass your thanks on to the porters and yes, showers are on the way!

A slightly later check in for the foil so it's possible to travel on the morning would be appreciated.
    Speaking as one of the coaches at the centre I have always found the management team (Dave, Mike and Stuart) to be receptive to suggestions and constructive criticism. I am not sure this one is completely in their gift though, the BVF will have requirements as to what the competition needs to do in terms of selection for European and World Veteran's tournaments.
    If we take in our hand any volume; of divinity or school metaphysics, for instance; let us ask, Does it contain any abstract reasoning concerning quantity or number? No. Does it contain any experimental reasoning concerning matter of fact and existence? No. Commit it then to the flames: for it can contain nothing but sophistry and illusion.

A slightly later check in for the foil so it's possible to travel on the morning would be appreciated.
    Send the feedback to BVF as I would have thought the timetable should have come from them.

Personally I would say 10am earliest start on the Saturday and 9.30am on the Sunday would be preferable and would give more than enough time to run the event in time if the schedule was a little tighter.

As everyone knows with Elite Epee, 10am is our usual senior start time and because of that the huge majority of fencers travel on the morning. Saves a huge amount of money for our fencing population..

I do think MFC did really well and their box upgrade (from the horrible ones which were not really working properly) is a big improvement..
    Oundle, Peterborough & Stamford Fencing