Results 1 to 13 of 13

Thread: Episode 12 of The Fencing Podcast

  1. #1
    Senior Member munkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    875

    Default Episode 12 of The Fencing Podcast

    Episode 12 of The Fencing Podcast out now. Seniors are back. Baby news. A social media storm. Interview with Brazilian national hero Guilherme Toldo. Enjoy!




    www.thefencingpodcast.com/podcast




    Also on iTunes https://itunes.apple.com/gb/podcast/...151371976?mt=2
    Sean Walton - the voice of reason!

    www.salleholyrood.com

    www.thefencingpodcast.com

  2. #2
    Senior Member gethylogic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Cymru | Wales
    Posts
    380

    Default

    Your editing was great.

  3. #3
    Senior Member gethylogic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Cymru | Wales
    Posts
    380

    Default

    Oh great, we've got spammers again.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=anwy2MPT5RE

  4. #4
    Senior Member ChrisHeaps's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Lytham
    Posts
    528

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gethylogic View Post
    Oh great, we've got spammers again.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=anwy2MPT5RE
    ha ha!

    Who else used to have fried SPAM, egg and chips for tea when they were young?

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    The Kingdom of Fife
    Posts
    1,054

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisHeaps View Post
    ha ha!

    Who else used to have fried SPAM, egg and chips for tea when they were young?
    I'll up the ante on that, battered SPAM, egg, chips and beans. I'm off to the shops.

  6. #6
    Senior Member Hungry Hippo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Sussex-by-the-Sea
    Posts
    838

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Not quite a Vet View Post
    I'll up the ante on that, battered SPAM, egg, chips and beans. I'm off to the shops.
    Ah, that'd be the traditional diet north of the border - everything battered!

    For me, I most remember Bully Beef Hash, usually with Baked beans - can you still get Bully Beef Hash?

  7. #7
    Senior Member ChrisHeaps's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Lytham
    Posts
    528

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hungry Hippo View Post
    Ah, that'd be the traditional diet north of the border - everything battered!

    For me, I most remember Bully Beef Hash, usually with Baked beans - can you still get Bully Beef Hash?
    You must mean Corned Beef Hash? Definitely still on the menu in Northern England in our house at least. But with peas cos we're posh.

  8. #8
    Senior Member gethylogic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Cymru | Wales
    Posts
    380

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisHeaps View Post
    You must mean Corned Beef Hash? Definitely still on the menu in Northern England in our house at least. But with peas cos we're posh.
    But does it come with Spam?

  9. #9
    Senior Member ChrisHeaps's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Lytham
    Posts
    528

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gethylogic View Post
    But does it come with Spam?
    Scottish or au natural?

  10. #10
    Senior Member JackSparrow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Shipwrecked
    Posts
    349

    Default

    I'm awarding Michelin stars to everyone on this thread.

    Congrats to Gav for the birth of your daughter and for another great podcast ☺
    Savvy!

  11. #11
    Moderator Gav's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    5,571

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Not quite a Vet View Post
    I'll up the ante on that, battered SPAM, egg, chips and beans. I'm off to the shops.
    In actual fact spam fritters are a UK wide "cuisine". They originated in the poor diet of WWII.

    It is NOT just a Scottish thing.
    "Evil does not wear a bonnet!"
    "Thanks Ants ... Thants.


    It is forbidden to dream again;
    We maim our joys or hide them;

  12. #12
    Moderator Gav's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    5,571

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JackSparrow View Post
    I'm awarding Michelin stars to everyone on this thread.

    Congrats to Gav for the birth of your daughter and for another great podcast ☺

    Cheers Capn Jack! She's a wee cutie!
    "Evil does not wear a bonnet!"
    "Thanks Ants ... Thants.


    It is forbidden to dream again;
    We maim our joys or hide them;

  13. #13
    Moderator Gav's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    5,571

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisHeaps View Post
    You must mean Corned Beef Hash? Definitely still on the menu in Northern England in our house at least. But with peas cos we're posh.
    Corned Beef Hash is commonly associated with America. It's thought to have been introduced to the UK during WWII as part of our poor diet over the course of the war .

    North of the border we make Stovies. It's a different thing.

    I am a total food geek (as I am about most things).
    "Evil does not wear a bonnet!"
    "Thanks Ants ... Thants.


    It is forbidden to dream again;
    We maim our joys or hide them;

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •