Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789

Thread: Thoughts on the new GBR patch?

Quote Originally Posted by Highlander View Post
    Just fenced at the Winton this weekend and the new GBR logo was on show.
    Lots of fencers had the same Patches from Leon Paul that I have. But lots of people had the spray on Logo that looked absolutely fabulous. All of the people I asked said Allstar did it for them and they do it for all kit makes not just their own. Why don't Leon Paul offer this service I would have got Allstar to do my new Leon Paul Kit if I had known and not bought the awful patches.
    Does anyone know?

Jeff
    I did hear a rumour that not all kit will take the spray on version of the logo, and the new Apex LP kit was one type I heard referenced. I guess that it's good to have a choice under those circumstances as the quality, comfort and safety of clothing - which is ever evolving - is more important than the logo. But maybe there is another more logical reason.

Looking forward to seeing the spray on version. Maybe my thoughts on how naff it looks might be changed.

Really interesting about the spray on logo as it clearly states in the FIE description that the logo should hemmed.

Quote Originally Posted by SAD View Post
    Really interesting about the spray on logo as it clearly states in the FIE description that the logo should hemmed.
    where?

Quote Originally Posted by riposteinprime View Post
    where?
    It does talk about 'overlocking' in white in the FIE link from this BF page. Plus the size is also specified.

http://www.britishfencing.com/news/latest-news/?n=1769

Quote Originally Posted by Nick E View Post
    It does talk about 'overlocking' in white in the FIE link from this BF page. Plus the size is also specified.

http://www.britishfencing.com/news/latest-news/?n=1769
    I think that's a little bit of a stretch.

I'm sure the allstar prints can be made to the correct size.

And which size is that? And while we are at it how many and where should you wear them. But the over locking does imply a badge.

Quote Originally Posted by riposteinprime View Post
    I think that's a little bit of a stretch.

I'm sure the allstar prints can be made to the correct size.
    I would prefer if they were made to the same design as the one sprayed onto Richards kit in the original info that came out. The change clearly was needed to fit the patch.

Unfortunately the size definition might be a block to that.

Quote Originally Posted by SAD View Post
    And which size is that? And while we are at it how many and where should you wear them. But the over locking does imply a badge.
    All that information has been on the British Fencing Site for a while, http://britishfencing.com/news/latest-news/?n=1769

Yes well that way leads to certain lunacy . Imagine trying to follow the guidance of BF when they contradict the advice they give themselves. Anyway.
    I gave seen these new logos from all star and think they are excellent! Graham has it in writing for Georgina tag they will be acceptable.
    Good luck wth selling them I know where I would put my money, thanks allstar