Thread: 2017 Manchester Cadet

Default 2017 Manchester Cadet

Entry is open for this and we have a number coming in.

You can find the entry on the ManCad site
    If we take in our hand any volume; of divinity or school metaphysics, for instance; let us ask, Does it contain any abstract reasoning concerning quantity or number? No. Does it contain any experimental reasoning concerning matter of fact and existence? No. Commit it then to the flames: for it can contain nothing but sophistry and illusion.

Default Bump

Entries are coming in and are being put on to the EFC web site.

Note that you must have an EFC licence in order to fence in the tournament. If you have made an online entry but do not as yet have an EFC licence then please apply for one with the BFA head office as soon as possible.
    If we take in our hand any volume; of divinity or school metaphysics, for instance; let us ask, Does it contain any abstract reasoning concerning quantity or number? No. Does it contain any experimental reasoning concerning matter of fact and existence? No. Commit it then to the flames: for it can contain nothing but sophistry and illusion.

Default Just a few days left

In order for BFA Head Office to register entries with the EFC and sort out licence issues we will be closing entries for the Manchester Cadet at midnight on 5th October.

So get your entries in as soon as possible.

Default EFC licenses

Remember EFC licenses have to applied to your sport 80 account, just gone to my sons and need his passport number to fill one of he boxes in

Quote Originally Posted by itteacher View Post
    Remember EFC licenses have to applied to your sport 80 account, just gone to my sons and need his passport number to fill one of he boxes in
    I applied for EFC by phone last year and was assuming I'd renew it the same way. If I apply for the EFC licence through sport80, will it register a new number, or will it just renew and the fencer will keep the same number? I used the old EFC number when registering for this year's Manchester and it might confuse things if the system generates a new number!

Quote Originally Posted by Cjack View Post
    I applied for EFC by phone last year and was assuming I'd renew it the same way. If I apply for the EFC licence through sport80, will it register a new number, or will it just renew and the fencer will keep the same number? I used the old EFC number when registering for this year's Manchester and it might confuse things if the system generates a new number!
    Suggest you contact head office and talk to Kim or Nickie Bailey about this.
    You don't want to mess with the EFC stuff.

After reading this post, I called BFA as I had renewed my sons on the sport 80 for the first time and have been advised that the number remains the same as you had previously been issued.

Quote Originally Posted by chezza View Post
    After reading this post, I called BFA as I had renewed my sons on the sport 80 for the first time and have been advised that the number remains the same as you had previously been issued.
    Thank you, I was told the same. It seems that sport80 is the only option for renewing the EFC now, as BF will no longer accept a renewal over the phone.

Default A last reminder and a plea

Entries close at midnight tomorrow, so if you are intending to enter can you ensure that you do it before then.

More importantly, if you haven't got your EFC licence could you do it as soon as possible. Every year the BFA head office and I have to chase people by email and phone to ensure that they have a licence. Given that it says that having a licence is a requirement on the entry form this really should not be necessary. For those who haven't got a licence please get one now, otherwise your entry cannot be put on the EFC website and you will therefore not be able to fence.

Default Entries on the EFC web site

The entries for the Manchester Cadet are available on the EFC web site, both I and the BFA head office have checked through them and they are OK as far as we can see (apart from a couple of people who still do not have an EFC licence).

However the more eyes the better, if you have entered on the Manchester Cadet site then please check on the EFC site to make sure that you are there and your details are correct.

Default Stronger and stronger

A record 263 entries from 29 countries at Manchester this year. A big contingent of Italians and Singaporeans in the men and women's foil. This competition is going from strength to strength.

Quote Originally Posted by Francophile View Post
    A record 263 entries from 29 countries at Manchester this year. A big contingent of Italians and Singaporeans in the men and women's foil. This competition is going from strength to strength.
    That is brilliant news.

Hope there are some equally god GBR results. Good luck and fence well.

Good luck to all the GBR fencers tomorrow.

Default 👍🏻👍🏻

Just wanted to say what a really great event - Our 1st time attending.

A special mention to the Dutch referee on piste 1 during the menís poules. He was really kind to my 13 yr old who was at his 1st international cadet. He said some encouraging words after the bouts and was very professional.
    Please pass my thanks on if you can.

See you next year!

How did the GB fencers get on?

Keith

Hello Keith,
    Yes , some nice results , three or four made L16 women's and for the men's not as good but good few in L32

To see results , follow links on man cadet page ( at top of thread ) -- and go to historic results page where there is link at bottom to 'live results '

I would post links here but I have computer skills of rabbit
    Kind regards
    Mark

Smile

Actually 2 GB boys in last 16