Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Reverse shoulder rule revoked

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Willis View Post
    Who are the “US” ?

At what point are the “US” helping anybody.
    The “US” seem to be unable to answer a few questions on the rules of our sport.
    The “US” appear to have a facade of knowledge and then seem unable to provide any “Help” to the “You”
    It seems Plenty Is trying to help others by asking the same sort of questions most of us have about the right of way in Foil. It may not seem important to an Epeeist.
    But right if way in foil is important 100% of the time.
    The fact some self proclaimed people of importance cannot answer the question and can only put down the person asking it, only shows you probably don’t have the confidence in your interpretation. I don’t mind this, but please stop trying to undermine someone who is asking the question. If you don’t like ( or understand what’s being asked) or you don’t feel confident enough to get off the fence and say what you think, you can just ignore the thread. But please don’t post the sort of sanctimonious crap and upload smarmy videos to try to detract from the fact that you can’t answer the question.

Please stick to what you know and it’s not Foil right of way.

This thread should have only answers of the questions or silence.

Jeff
    Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfils the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things.
    Winston Churchill

Default Changing Strange characters appearing

Who are the us ?

At what point are the us helping anybody.
    The us seem to be unable to answer a few questions on the rules of our sport.
    The us appear to have a facade of knowledge and then seem unable to provide any help to the you
    It seems Plenty Is trying to help others by asking the same sort of questions most of us have about the right of way in Foil.
    It may not seem important to an Epeeist.

But right of way in foil is important 100% of the time.
    The fact some self proclaimed people of importance cannot answer the question and can only put down the person asking it, only shows you probably dont have the confidence in your interpretation. I dont mind this, but please stop trying to undermine someone who is asking the question. If you dont like ( or understand whats being asked) or you dont feel confident enough to get off the fence and say what you think, you can just ignore the thread. But please dont post sanctimonious crap and upload smarmy videos to try to detract from the fact that you cant answer the question.

Please stick to what you know and its not Foil right of way.

This thread should have only answers to the questions or silence.

Jeff
    Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfils the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things.
    Winston Churchill

Come on, that was a quality gag

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Willis View Post
    Come on, that was a quality gag

I laughed out loud a little bit. Well, actually I exhaled strongly through my nose but thats about as good as you get on the internet these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Highlander View Post
    Who are the us ?

At what point are the us helping anybody.
    The us seem to be unable to answer a few questions on the rules of our sport.
    The us appear to have a facade of knowledge and then seem unable to provide any help to the you
    It seems Plenty Is trying to help others by asking the same sort of questions most of us have about the right of way in Foil.
    It may not seem important to an Epeeist.

But right of way in foil is important 100% of the time.
    The fact some self proclaimed people of importance cannot answer the question and can only put down the person asking it, only shows you probably dont have the confidence in your interpretation. I dont mind this, but please stop trying to undermine someone who is asking the question. If you dont like ( or understand whats being asked) or you dont feel confident enough to get off the fence and say what you think, you can just ignore the thread. But please dont post sanctimonious crap and upload smarmy videos to try to detract from the fact that you cant answer the question.

Please stick to what you know and its not Foil right of way.

This thread should have only answers to the questions or silence.

Jeff
    I am a simple epeeist.

I stopped fencing foil many years ago.

I read the reports and discussions about right of way etc but struggle to get a grip of what constitutes a valid attack in foil, although I accept if I was actively competing at foil I might have a better understanding.

I do wonder why and how it has become so complicated. Im sure it was much easier to understand many years ago when I first started schoolboy foil fencing. (I think it was a matter of stick your arm out straight at your opponents target, step forward, and if you hit your opponent its your hit unless the opponent parries your point away from their target and then hits you).

I wonder nowadays how somebody finishing a foil beginner course and then released into club fencing, and then maybe their first competition, deals with the issue of what constitutes a valid attack, and why their hit has been denied.

I have seen the problem of retaining those people who complete a foil beginner course. Would it not be better to offer epee as the first weapon introduced on a beginner course, then, once the new fencer has settled in and become a regular club member, they can try out foil with its complicated rules?