After assessing the weather in Cardiff this morning and after discussion between the organisers as well as several parents, we have unfortunately had to take the very difficult decision to cancel this weekend’s LPJS Épée competition in Cardiff. Unfortunately, in the last 24 hours the weather in Cardiff deteriorated severely and there is well in excess of a foot of snow in many places. With no substantial improvement in the forecasts, we do not believe that the roads will be in a clear enough condition by Sunday and we cannot with a clear conscience recommend that people travel to Cardiff. The safety of everyone who attends our events is always paramount to us and on this occasion, we have concluded that we should cancel the competition.

We have decided to take this action today to minimise the inconvenience to people instead of keeping our fingers crossed for another day. We understand that this will be a disappointment to many, especially the fencers. We will reschedule for a date later in the year and all entries will be carried over to this, although those unable to attend will of course be able to receive a refund. We hope to be able to confirm a date within a week.

This information has been sent in an email to all entries and we would be extremely grateful if you could reply to this email upon receipt as we will start calling those that we have not heard from this evening.

Once again, please accept our apologies for the inevitable inconvenience this will have caused.
Kind Regards,
Tom, Sarah, Pete and Fran