Thread: Is fencing on Eurosport?

Default Is fencing on Eurosport?

can any Eurosport subscribers tell me whether they show live fencing please? Somebody told me they had seen an advert for it, but they weren't fencers, so weren't quite sure what they had seen. I've had a look at the website and it seems to have fencing news, but no mention of live (or recorded) action. Thanks.

I've never seen live fencing on Eurosport, just the occasional Grand Prix highlights show.

The World Championships are usually broadcast live on Eurosport. In past years, anyway. Have coincidentally been overseas on holiday at world championship time for the past 2 years so can't be sure if they still are these days.

There is usually an hour highlights program after every Grand Prix, played a day or two later. The Cali GP is being shown Tuesday morning 29 May at 7:30am.

Default Eurosport

Some of the Grand Prix are broadcast on Eurosport. On our Virgin Box, I search for fencing and then put in series link, and then it gradually populates. They normally show the last few hits of the semi-finals and then the entirety of the finals. Probably easier to go to the FIE channel on YouTube to be honest: https://www.youtube.com/user/FIEvideo

These days it's much easier to use Youtube.

The three main channels you want to keep an eye on:

FIE (as above).
    Kabcom
    Fencing Vision.

Just search Youtube for them. If you have a smart tv you could (I suppose) stream youtube on your tv. I use a PC myself.

Between these three you will have access to more fencing than you can shake an epee at.

Grand Prix generally on the FIE channel. World Champs are expected on the FIE Channel too.

Note: not all world cups are streamed (strange but true).
    "Evil does not wear a bonnet!"
    "Thanks Ants ... Thants.

It is forbidden to dream again;
    We maim our joys or hide them;

Quote Originally Posted by Gav View Post
    Totally agree. I was going to say that YouTube is the future but it's really the present. BTSport are streaming the Champion League live on YouTube.

thanks everyone. I was familiar with the FIE channel but will take a look at the others on you tube too.

Quote Originally Posted by Gav View Post

The three main channels you want to keep an eye on:

FIE (as above).
    Kabcom
    Fencing Vision.

Just search Youtube for them. If you have a smart tv you could (I suppose) stream youtube on your tv. I use a PC myself.

Between these three you will have access to more fencing than you can shake an epee at.

Grand Prix generally on the FIE channel. World Champs are expected on the FIE Channel too.

Note: not all world cups are streamed (strange but true).
    We stream on a smart TV - it has a Youtube ap. By the use of the TV, 2 laptops and an ipad you can sometimes watch all 4 coloured pistes.
    Advocate extraordinaire to Beelzebub.

Quote Originally Posted by pinkelephant View Post
    By the use of the TV, 2 laptops and an ipad you can sometimes watch all 4 coloured pistes.
    What a great idea. We were at the World Championships last year and there was one point where all four pistes had such close matches on them we didn't know which way to look!