Thread: CEP Marathon Fleuret

Default CEP Marathon Fleuret

For anyone travelling to compete in the U17/U14 marathon fleuret in Paris on 2nd & 3rd Feb (not in England squad), I have spoken to the organisers who have clarified the new rule for providing/paying for referees.

If clubs have 3 or less fencers, they will be grouped together under the GBR delegation and will have to pay for the required multiple ref fee. Currently there are 22 GBR Fencers in this position so we will need to group together and pay a 3 x referee fee (215 Euro) so total 645 euros = 28 euros each fencer.

This new rule came in for the mini-marathon in June 2018.

Has anyone started the ball rolling to collect the fee from Fencers?

If the fencer arrives at the event having not contribute to a ref fee or provinding a ref, they risk disqualification.

Clubs with 4 or over Fencers will have to arrange their own ref or fee.

This is a bit of a pain seeing as most of the Fencers are not in contact with each other hence my message here.

Deb

Forum Rabbit

Not sure that the squads have been finally selected yet, there were some selected fencers who had not replied to Beth by the required date regarding selection and those spaces have not yet been offered to the next in line, they may have entered as was suggested initially and are awaiting a further update once the Christmas leave period is over.

(I say "may have entered".. I entered two and am awaiting an update on one who was initially selected and one who I am personally aware is next on the list for an available place) All this happened whilst a lot of us were away with the GB squad.
    Last edited by MSK; -5th January 2019 at 20:22.

I have had another email from the organisers and hey will be emailing all GBR independent Fencers on the 15th January with details of all Fencers so we can organise the mutual referee fee.

Potentially 23 fencers sharing 3 x ref fee which totals 645 Eur. 28 Eur each.

There are 15 clubs with less than 4 fencers attending and 3 clubs who have 4 or more fencers so need to arrange their own referee or pay fee.