Thread: Returning to fencing (hopefully!)

Default Returning to fencing (hopefully!)

Hello, I'm not quite new as I was on here in the early 2000s. Hoping to return to fencing now my children are older. I previously fenced foil but would like to learn epee this time. Just trying to find a suitable club in my area at the moment - I have moved a couple of times since I started out in Newton Abbot - now in South Hampshire ...
    INIGO You're using Bonetti's defense against me, ah?
    MAN IN BLACK I thought it fitting, considering the rocky terrain -
    INIGO Naturally, you must expect me to attack with Capo Ferro -
    MAN IN BLACK - naturally - but I find Thibault cancels out Capo Ferro, don't you?

---------------------

Default Welcome back

Welcome back. Donít know the scene in Hampshire but the British fencing website has a club finder which might help. Best Paul

Quote Originally Posted by Athos View Post
    Hello, I'm not quite new as I was on here in the early 2000s. Hoping to return to fencing now my children are older. I previously fenced foil but would like to learn epee this time. Just trying to find a suitable club in my area at the moment - I have moved a couple of times since I started out in Newton Abbot - now in South Hampshire ...
    From there you have the choice of Portsmouth, Seacourt on Hayling island and Chichester. Or all three!

Seacourt has the added benefit of a bar within fleching distance of the piste.

Quote Originally Posted by Athos View Post
    Jeezo Athos - welcome back to the sport!

[My condolences to your wallet]
    "Evil does not wear a bonnet!"
    "Thanks Ants ... Thants.

It is forbidden to dream again;
    We maim our joys or hide them;

Default Thank you

Thanks everyone! I've signed up to a beginner's session with Southampton Epee club at the end of Feb and really looking forward to it!! (And yes the fencing equipment seems much more expensive than it was 15 years ago!!)
    INIGO You're using Bonetti's defense against me, ah?
    MAN IN BLACK I thought it fitting, considering the rocky terrain -
    INIGO Naturally, you must expect me to attack with Capo Ferro -
    MAN IN BLACK - naturally - but I find Thibault cancels out Capo Ferro, don't you?

---------------------