Results 1 to 16 of 16

Thread: Byc 2019

  1. #1
    Forum Rabbit
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    6

    Default Byc 2019

    Does anyone know when the check-in times are going to be published?

    A 9am check-in and a midday check-in could be the difference between a night in a hotel or driving up in the morning.

  2. #2
    Peter James
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    493

    Default The have a new notice,

    They have a new notice
    KEEP CHECKING BACK! SCHEDULE DUE TO BE RELEASED!

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Northants
    Posts
    431

    Default Check-in Times now available

    Just had a look and times are now available

    https://www.britishfencing.com/resul...ampionships-2/

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Northants
    Posts
    431

    Default

    Looks like there are a few mistakes on the Monday schedule.

    U14 Girls Epee & U18 Girls Epee has disappeared. U18 Boys Epee & U16 Girls Foil is on twice.

  5. #5
    Chris Howser cesh_fencing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    East Northamptonshire - Yarwell
    Posts
    5,372

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jahl View Post
    Looks like there are a few mistakes on the Monday schedule.

    U14 Girls Epee & U18 Girls Epee has disappeared. U18 Boys Epee & U16 Girls Foil is on twice.
    Should have now been updated
    Oundle, Peterborough & Stamford Fencing

  6. #6
    Forum Rabbit
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Location
    Chester
    Posts
    1

    Default

    Has anyone received the relevant email from BF yet?

  7. #7
    Peter James
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    493

    Default according to a facebook post

    There is a facebook post that says there is a list on the bf site of qualifiers also a link for the consent form, but in the regional information the following is also there
    "A Parental Consent form will need to be filled in electronically prior to the finals event and will be
    available on the BF website. This will also be sent to all qualifiers using the email address on a fencers
    membership profile in advance of the event. Please do remind fencers to ensure their profile is up-todate"

  8. #8
    Forum Rabbit
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by itteacher View Post
    There is a facebook post that says there is a list on the bf site of qualifiers also a link for the consent form, but in the regional information the following is also there
    "A Parental Consent form will need to be filled in electronically prior to the finals event and will be
    available on the BF website. This will also be sent to all qualifiers using the email address on a fencers
    membership profile in advance of the event. Please do remind fencers to ensure their profile is up-todate"

    Thank you - I haven't yet received an email from BF so this is very helpful.

    "Fencers will be ranked at the event using a unique BYC formula" - does anyone know how this formula works? Thanks.

  9. #9
    Chris Howser cesh_fencing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    East Northamptonshire - Yarwell
    Posts
    5,372

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NoIdea View Post
    "Fencers will be ranked at the event using a unique BYC formula" - does anyone know how this formula works? Thanks.
    I have been trying to work that out for the last 20 years and have never been able to get answers.

    It does seem to be a bit of a grey area and certainly in no way obvious, so unique is certainly true.

    It will/should vary a lot depending on age-groups/weapons as data for each varies hugely.
    Oundle, Peterborough & Stamford Fencing

  10. #10
    Senior Member danKew's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Reigate
    Posts
    659

    Default

    I always assumed it was just region separation as there has been no pattern to suggest otherwise from my experience. Expect the worst, and then at least you won't be in for too much of a shock!

  11. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Northants
    Posts
    431

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by danKew View Post
    I always assumed it was just region separation as there has been no pattern to suggest otherwise from my experience. Expect the worst, and then at least you won't be in for too much of a shock!
    When we first went back in 2013 I think (I did ask someone) the younger age groups were done on a mixture of
    1. Placing in same age group previous year
    2. Placing in younger age group previous year (with a 1.5 multiplier)
    3. LPJS ranking

    then shuffled around to avoid clashes of Regions in the same pool.

    Older age groups
    U16 - top seeds from Cadet ranking
    U18 - top seeds from Junior ranking
    For U16/U18 this does still seem to happen which makes sense.

    No matter how it is done this year go and have fun. Daughter still looks forward to the BYC despite it being her 7th, always a great long weekend.

  12. #12

    Default Premier Inn Room Available for Sat/Sun @ BYC's 2019

    Hi,
    Using this thread as I have just joined the forum and probably having a senior moment, but can't find how to post a new thread!

    Anyway, due to a clash with a school trip for my youngest, I have a spare twin room available at the Rotherham East Premier Inn for the nights of Saturday 4th and Sunday 5th May 2019. It was pre-paid ages ago, including breakfast.

    Knowing how busy Sheffield is this weekend, I thought I would put it out there rather than it go unused. Happy to accept a reasonable offer.
    It's about a 15 minute drive to the EIS

    If anyone is interested, please do get back to me.
    Cheers,
    Matt

  13. #13
    Senior Member max's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Sheffield
    Posts
    407

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Matt Russell View Post
    Hi,
    Using this thread as I have just joined the forum and probably having a senior moment, but can't find how to post a new thread!

    Anyway, due to a clash with a school trip for my youngest, I have a spare twin room available at the Rotherham East Premier Inn for the nights of Saturday 4th and Sunday 5th May 2019. It was pre-paid ages ago, including breakfast.

    Knowing how busy Sheffield is this weekend, I thought I would put it out there rather than it go unused. Happy to accept a reasonable offer.
    It's about a 15 minute drive to the EIS

    If anyone is interested, please do get back to me.
    Cheers,
    Matt
    I've stuck this on the Fencing Competitions UK page on Facebook for you where it may get seen.
    A problem shared is one more person to laugh at you.

  14. #14

    Default Thanks Max.....much appreciated!

    Quote Originally Posted by max View Post
    I've stuck this on the Fencing Competitions UK page on Facebook for you where it may get seen.
    Thanks Max, much appreciated.

  15. #15
    Forum Rabbit
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Posts
    1

    Default Accommodation BYC

    Hi, Did anyone take this Matt?

    Quote Originally Posted by Matt Russell View Post
    Hi,
    Using this thread as I have just joined the forum and probably having a senior moment, but can't find how to post a new thread!

    Anyway, due to a clash with a school trip for my youngest, I have a spare twin room available at the Rotherham East Premier Inn for the nights of Saturday 4th and Sunday 5th May 2019. It was pre-paid ages ago, including breakfast.

    Knowing how busy Sheffield is this weekend, I thought I would put it out there rather than it go unused. Happy to accept a reasonable offer.
    It's about a 15 minute drive to the EIS

    If anyone is interested, please do get back to me.
    Cheers,
    Matt

  16. #16

    Default Accommodation BYC

    Quote Originally Posted by fernie View Post
    Hi, Did anyone take this Matt?
    Hi Fernie,

    No, it is still available.

    Matt

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •