Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: BUSA Individuals

Default BUSA Individuals

I haven't been able to find a thread on this so sorry if there is one and I've just not looked hard enough.

Does anyone know where I could find information about BUSA individuals? Alternatively do you know what date it will be and when applications have to be in by.

Thanks.
    Fencing, they let you stab people and not get arrested.

Entry details can be found here about half way down the page

JEH

I've just noticed how expensive the BUSAs are (in comparison to other competitions) - it's going to cost me 52.50 in entry fees alone!
    "Computers may be twice as fast as they were in 1973 but your average voter is as drunk and stupid as ever. The only one who's changed is me. I've become bitter, and let's face it, crazy over the years. And once I'm swept into office, I'll sell our children's organs to zoos for meat. And I'll go into people's houses at night and wreck up the place! Muhuhahahaha!"

I think your Uni usually pays - try asking your AU
    xox

Hah - not ours!
    "Computers may be twice as fast as they were in 1973 but your average voter is as drunk and stupid as ever. The only one who's changed is me. I've become bitter, and let's face it, crazy over the years. And once I'm swept into office, I'll sell our children's organs to zoos for meat. And I'll go into people's houses at night and wreck up the place! Muhuhahahaha!"

If they pay for you're away matches, then they should pay for this aswell, because the results that you get in this add to the uni's tally in the BUSA league, hence making the uni seem better.
    If not that, then you could always chat up the club's treasurer.

It looks like it should be a good weekend and any pubs near the venue, I imagine will notice a large increase in profits. How many of the sabreurs on Sunday do you think will be hungover?

JEH

Default Busa Individuals

Unless the treasurer is a man that would just be wrong.

Default Re: Busa Individuals

Originally posted by Piston Broke
    Unless the treasurer is a man that would just be wrong.
    What if the treasurer was a man that was right?
    "Son, when you participate in sporting events, it's not whether you win or lose... it's how drunk you get."

Thanks guys. Hmmm, they're the weekend before my end of term exams. And this term that means 16% of my degree I believe
    Fencing, they let you stab people and not get arrested.

any ideas how long it'll take for me to get to nottingham for the mens sabre from cardiff on the sunday morning? i'll be driving but cant leave on saturday night as am watching oasis (gloat!)

Bare minimum at illegal speeds is 4 hours ish. M4 -> M5 -> M40 -> M42 -> A42 -> M1.

Watch out for average speed monitoring on the M42 & A42.

so 5am. i guess i'll have to think about it!

RAC route planner says 3 hrs 40 mins or so, so I would have thought you can make it in less than 4. I am sure I have done it from Bristol in three.
    cry havoc and let loose the dogs of war
    http://www.dilbert.com it would be funny if it wasn't where I work

Way Smarter than Boo... ChubbyHubby's Avatar

Originally posted by rory

Watch out for average speed monitoring on the M42 & A42.
    How does that work then?

That's the one where they use number plate recognition, log the time at point A, wait til you hit B, subtract the times and say "you did a mile in 30 seconds? you're nicked son!"

I think it's called SPECCS

Originally posted by rory
    That's the one where they use number plate recognition, log the time at point A, wait til you hit B, subtract the times and say "you did a mile in 30 seconds? you're nicked son!"

I think it's called SPECCS
    That's just not fair!

You're right, it's not fair. It could be a completely empty stretch of road for as far as the eye can see, and you still have to keep to the speed limit. On the other hand, if you can get behind a lorry on the first camera, then it doesn't read your number plate and so you can go through at any speed... but you didn't read it here.
    On other news, if you can make your car have the same resistance as the surroundings (330 Ohms I believe), then speed traps don't work either... The radar would be absorbed by the body of the car, nothing gets reflected back, and so the radar has nothing to go on... The problem with this, is your car would have to be permanently grounded, which isn't so easy to accomplish, especially as road surfaces aren't necessarily conductive. Works in theory though.
    University of Sussex Fencing Club
    http://www.ussu.net/fencing/

Originally posted by monobrow
    any ideas how long it'll take for me to get to nottingham for the mens sabre from cardiff on the sunday morning? i'll be driving but cant leave on saturday night as am watching oasis (gloat!)
    My fiance lives in wales and studies here in Nottingham, he reckons between 4 to 4 1/2 hours. xox
    xox

Does anyone know if the reflective paint stuff works? That would be a much more convenient way of avoiding speed cameras...

I haven't understood. Metal relfects the infra-red beams that the speed cameras work with. Unless this paint is capable of completely dispersing the beam, then it won't work...
    Essentially you want nothing getting back to the camera. So driving at around 180mph, (because it'll only take one picture), or absorbing all the IR, or dispersing everything. Surely reflective paint would just do what a metal car does anyway...?
    University of Sussex Fencing Club
    http://www.ussu.net/fencing/