Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Features/Changes

Quote Originally Posted by D'Artignan
    Go to the control panel of your computer, and click on "internet options". It's in there somewhere, depending (I think) on which version of Windows you're using, assuming it's a PC you've got.
    Those are Internet Explorer options. I think AOL uses it's own crazy browser (being a ISP the world could really do without - why use AOHell anyway?). If you really did have Javascript disabled, clicking the link SHOULD take you to the normal 'Quote' screen instead of the box. It may be that the AOL browser is simply not compatible. This is not a great loss though, I rarely use it anyway.
    "Computers may be twice as fast as they were in 1973 but your average voter is as drunk and stupid as ever. The only one who's changed is me. I've become bitter, and let's face it, crazy over the years. And once I'm swept into office, I'll sell our children's organs to zoos for meat. And I'll go into people's houses at night and wreck up the place! Muhuhahahaha!"

Thanks gbm and D'art. I have to agree about AOL, it does seem to be the worst browser known to man! Will have to do more pestering of mother to try and change...
    Jack Boteler
    British Fencing Leadership & Coaching Intern

Just chillin'

Default Browsers and Quick Reply

Quote Originally Posted by gbm
    So when you click the Quick Reply button, you can't type into the Quick Reply box at the bottom of the page? What web browser are you using, and do you have Javascript disabled?
    If I use IE6 to access the Forum I experience the same problem as Gangsta G but with Firefox the Quick Reply function works fine.

they work with explorer aswell

Quote Originally Posted by Gangsta G
    Thanks gbm and D'art. I have to agree about AOL, it does seem to be the worst browser known to man! Will have to do more pestering of mother to try and change...
    If she's so insistent on carrying on usign AOL then tell her the options but let her keep it if she really wants, just install a decent browser alongside. I'm forced to use IE at work but have also got Firefox and Opera running alongside it for personal browsing as I prefer them.

Can you see who has given you reputation thingies? Or is it anonymous?? (Not that I want to give anyone a bad, or good for that matter, rep!!)
    Ex Dentibus Ensis

Quote Originally Posted by jennigoodman
    Can you see who has given you reputation thingies? Or is it anonymous?? (Not that I want to give anyone a bad, or good for that matter, rep!!)
    All rep is completely anonymous (except to the moderators).
    "Computers may be twice as fast as they were in 1973 but your average voter is as drunk and stupid as ever. The only one who's changed is me. I've become bitter, and let's face it, crazy over the years. And once I'm swept into office, I'll sell our children's organs to zoos for meat. And I'll go into people's houses at night and wreck up the place! Muhuhahahaha!"

Unless the rep giver chooses to reveal their identity.

It seemed we got a great heads up notice 6 months in advance of all the new 2015i changes. That included 8 speed transmission, surround